Vision and Mission
Department of Information Technology
The department of Information Technology envisions to create groomed, technically competent and skilled intellectual IT professionals specifically from the rural area of Punjab to meet the current challenges of the modern computing industry.
a. To uplift rural students of the Punjab region through advanced quality education in Information Technology.
b. To provide technical solutions in the field of Information Technology to the local society.
c. To provide need based quality training in the field of Information Technology.
d. To maintain state-of-the-art facilities and laboratories where students and faculty can enhance their understanding of technology.
e. To provide students with the tools to become productive, participating global citizens and life-long learners.
f. To provide an atmosphere for students and faculty for continuous learning to investigate, apply and transfer knowledge.
Programme- B.Tech. (Information Technology)
Programme Education Objectives (PEO)
1. The graduates of Information Technology Engineering Program will be prepared to gain employment as an IT professional.
2. The graduates of Information Technology Engineering Program will function effectively as individuals and team members in the workplace, growing into highly technical or project management and leadership roles.
3. The graduates of Information Technology Engineering Program, if they are inclined, will be able to continue their formal education and be accepted to relevant post- graduate degree programs and succeed in these studies.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
PSO1: An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
PSO2: Possess professional skill set of software design process using open source technologies.
Process of defining Vision, Mission ,PO and PEO